ACD – Call Centers
ACD stands for Auto Call Distribution. What is it?
ACD is a software that is designed to manage call volume by distributing the calls to employees based on the best routing method for the business. Calls are then queued, where caller is prompted to hold, until an employee becomes available to answer the call. ACD is a fantastic tool to manage high call volume or to distribute calls when there are multiple employees responsible for answering calls.
A well-managed call center can serve customers quickly, efficiently, and cost-effectively, providing an important competitive advantage. Call centers can improve call flows for any business.
A robust array of ACD features makes it easy to optimize call center operations, increase customer satisfaction, and improve efficiency.
Here are a few highlights:
- Call Routing distributes calls by round robin, linear, or longest idle.
- Skills-Based Routing sends calls to the right person to handle the call.
- Priority Queuing enables you to answer higher priority calls sooner.
- Multiple Group Agent Log-in provides important call coverage between groups and tiered service levels.
- Agent Priority Routing gives you the ability to expand your agent pool when traffic increases.
- Intelligent Announcements play pre-recorded messages and inform holding callers of their place in the queue or estimated time before answer, as well as offering alternative actions like going to voice mail or invoking a call back reservation.
- ACD capabilities also allow supervisory stations to offer call assistance to ACD agents, and to monitor agent calls. This is very useful for training, performance evaluation, and providing second-level assistance.
- Call Center reports let you analyze agent performance, call center group activity, and system status, as well as forecast future call center staffing requirements by analyzing call volume patterns.
Want to find out more? Ask us today, we have ACD options on all of our platforms and will be happy to help you determine whether ACD is a fit for your business.